Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Facing Changes - AGAIN

It seems life is always throwing a wrench into my plans. Every time I figure things out, something happens to change things! So my plan was to return to school this summer and start to work on my degree in Ultrasound. Then in April I started having pain and numbness in my left arm. I went in for an MRI and have a herniated disc that is impinging the nerve which pretty much made my arm useless. After seeing a surgeon who wanted to fuse my neck, and freaking out for a few days, I started therapy at Integrated Wellness. Within a few visits my arm and neck were great, I was so happy and finally getting off pain meds so I thought - Wow, I really need to exercise so I am not the "fat mom" at my sons wedding in July! (Yes my baby is getting married! Another story that I will post about later!) So I decide to ride my incumbent bike- but someone had pushed the seat back so I couldn't reach the peddles! SO, I tried to push the seat forward and felt a pop in my low back- CRAP!!! Back to the ER, another MRI, this time I tore 3 discs in my lower back! Are you kidding me?!!!! Who does stuff like this? Me.
So here we are July 8th, after 2 trips into the doctor for injections, about 170 percocet and 90 Valium, days on end in bed and countless visits to therapy, I can FINALLY move- without having pain all the time! I still have to rest and not overdo ( Not an easy task when I am home alone with a 2 year old all the time!) and work on getting better. School was put off until fall- I hope that I can start then. Now I just have to get off the pain meds, get stronger, and get on with it! I am sure however, that life will throw something else at me in the mean time and I will be rearranging my plans AGAIN- but I look forward to the months ahead and feeling better! My 2 year old has now learned what every VHS Disney movie is, without the box, how to run the VCR, including fast forwarding through the previews! I feel like a terrible mommy to her right now and can't wait to get back on the floor and play with her! Life happens I guess - one day at a time.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I am so sorry for all your back problems. I can relate. Also what's this VHS stuff? It's the 21st century! LOL

Our wedding - April 13, 2001

Our wedding - April 13, 2001
A new begining

Our family in the beginning

Our family in the beginning

Our family- February '07

Our family- February '07
Our Eternal Family

Our Princess Ellie

Our Princess Ellie

Our grandbaby Cambria

Our grandbaby Cambria