Thursday, April 2, 2009

My first post!

Ok, so my dear sister Kara is a blog addict I swear! She has now convinced me to do something with this blog I started and have never posted on! We will see if there is anyone out there who really cares about what I have to say! :}
My goal is to share some fun things about our family and the moments in our lives. We have a crazy life with 9 kids and most of the time we love it! There are however days I wake up and open my eyes and think, "Not this AGAIN!" Don't get me wrong here, LOVE my hubby, he is my best friend and soulmate, and LOVE my kids, they are hillarious and fun (even if 5 of them have teenageritis!) But there are days I long to not have to take kids to the bus, do tons of laundry (thank heaven for my HE front loaders!) cook, clean, change diapers (yes we are doing that again!), schedule my life around nap times, and go to bed knowing tomorrow is more of the same! I would love to wake up and exercise (BAHAHAHA!) shower for 15 min. (BAHAHAHA!) and spend my day on the computer catching up with friends, or reading a good book, go shopping if I want, decorate my house, paint, garden, or take a long nap! These are the things I squeeze into my life right now when I have a few mintues here or there! Mostly at nap time or late at night- which I really pay for the following day! How I will do this school thing is going to be interesting- but I am determined!
I am really excited to start school in May at Weber State. I will be taking online courses for about 18 mo. then I will will start the radiology program on campus once a week and clinicals at a local hospital. I plan to go on after my 2 year Associates of Science Radiology and get my BS in MRI/CT. My husband is an RN and my daughter is an LPN working on her RN. Lets face it with the economy the way it is about the only thing you can count on is people will always need medical, so that is where I am focusing. It will be interesting and fun I think. Some people are questioning me about going back at my age (the big dreadred 40 on June 2nd!), but I figure I will be 45 anyway- I may as well have a degree that will give me a good job for the next 20 years then work at a craft store for $7 and hour! 20 years- wow that's depressing! LOL! So I will make it work, even if I have to take some of the things I do squeeze in away for a while!
My dear sweet hubby has the day off today- love his schedule, though we miss him when he works 12 hour shifts for 5 days straight and he is exhausted- we love the 5 days he has off and is home with us alot! I hear him in the kitchen trying to figure out what our 2 year old Ellie is telling him she wants to eat! I better go figure it out for him before they both starve!
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Kara Herron said...

See, that wasn't so hard, was it?
:-)

It's weird that your blog address is so long. Hmmmmm. We'll have to work on that. Try out www.thecutestblogontheblock.com for free backgrounds. That's where I got mine - I'm not skilled enough with Photoshop to make my own - YET!

Yay! Now you can be my blog buddy!

Love,
Kara

Our wedding - April 13, 2001

Our wedding - April 13, 2001
A new begining

Our family in the beginning

Our family in the beginning

Our family- February '07

Our family- February '07
Our Eternal Family

Our Princess Ellie

Our Princess Ellie

Our grandbaby Cambria

Our grandbaby Cambria